Monday, October 21, 2013

Inspirational Mondays - Gilbert Hopkins

Gilbert Hopskins
1. Why did you choose Christ?
Well I chose Christ because He first chose me. I hope that doesn’t sound cliché, but as I mature I realize that is actually what happened. I grew up in a family rooted in Christ, so I see it as, I was given a knowledge of God through a relationship with Christ from an early age, but it never took residence in my heart that I was a sinner in need of a savior. So I chose Christ as I grew to understand why He had to be crucified on the cross, the love that took Him there, and the power of His resurrection. The gospel captured my heart leaving me with no excuse but to choose Christ and to live for Him.

2. How did you change?
I changed and will continue to change through the work of the Holy Spirit. In John 14:16-18, Jesus speaks of how The Holy Spirit will come to be a helper, and dwell in those who believe in Him. Sure enough, He came, and I know that it is God himself working in me to renew my mind, bear the fruit of His essence, and live for His purpose. When I decided to embrace the reality of my brokenness as a human being is when change began to take place in my life. The sad reality is that human beings are broke, we can never be good enough, we can never be whole, and we can never find ultimate fulfillment in anything on this earth. The truth is there is a cavity in the human soul that can only be filled by the God who created us. As I continue to accept Him, read His word, foster a relationship with Him, and surround myself with people who do the same, I notice the evidence of Him living in me to bring glory to Himself, as He molds me to fit His purpose.



We hope your were inspired! Enjoy your Monday! Interested in learning more about us? Click here to learn "Why We Change" and click here to read "How We Change". 


Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Amen! This is awesome. I'm so glad that God loves us and chases after us in spite of our brokenness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so great to see attractive, godly men chasing after Christ with their whole heart. I have to be constantly reminded that, "human beings are broke, we can never be good enough, we can never be whole, and we can never find ultimate fulfillment in anything on this earth." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete