Monday, March 4, 2013

Inspirational Mondays - Lanre Animashaun


Website/Blog: http://imhuey.tumblr.com

1) Why did you choose Christ? 
Honestly. I chose Christ out of fear. I initially was introduced to Christ in the second grade coming from a muslim background but never really being a practicing muslim; although the religion of islam was constantly reiterated and encouraged by close family members. I accepted Christ at first in the 6th grade at a Christian school I attended and according to my aunt I gravitated easily to the Spirit of God. Long story Short High school and College came and I split from God and after i graduated I came across this website where this girl visited heaven and hell and her recount of her experience scared me into repentance and here I am. The fear of eternal damnation still scares me but as I continue in the faith, I'm learning to realize God's love more.

2) How did you change? 
I truly believe God is the finisher of us all. Simply meaning the things we lack He completes in us so I take that verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil.4:13)" literal as well as the verse "...he who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Phil.1:6)" meaning that where I am not confident, He makes me confident, where I am afraid, He makes me bold, where I lack, He meets my needs, where I'm prideful, He humbles me, where I'm angry, at Him or the world, He calms me, where I'm indecisive , He gives me a way, lol though I may disagree.And according to the Word, He is going to be making me a more complete man in His image till the day of Jesus or the day I die when I meet Jesus because there is a whole lot of gunk to get rid of in my life and a whole lot of new foundations that need to be built up. But I need to have faith that what God has said He will do. "...Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass, I have purposed it; I will also do it. (Isa.46:11c)" God is good simply because He says He is and I just have to trust Him at His Word.


We hope your were inspired! Love your Monday! Interested in learning more about us?? Click here to learn "Why We Change" and click here to read "How We Change".

#OldSelfNewCreation
Eph. 4:22-24


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment