Monday, July 1, 2013

Inspirational Mondays - Luke Mason

Luke Mason of As Iron Sharpens Iron
1. Why did you choose Christ?
I did not choose Christ. I chose sin when I came into this world.As another who was featured on Inspirational Mondays put it, Christ chose me.The only reason I am saved is by His grace and His initiation.

About 2 years ago, I went to a Christian home school conference where I listenedto a speaker. God used his words to penetrate my heart like never before andgive me a passion to serve Him. The speaker's name was Eric Ludy, and I thankGod for his willingness to shout the truth into my generation.

I then followed my King simply because I could not do anything else. There wasno part of my life that was better than what it could be with my completedevotion to God. I saw the need I had and addressed it by accepting His gift ofeverlasting life.

2. How did you change?
Over thenext couple of years I stumbled through major changes in my lifestyle by onlythe grace of God. I stopped my useless idolatry in the form of"liking" girls. I attempted to rebuild my relationships with mysiblings. I tried to put God first in my consumption of entertainment. Iactually read my Bible (which was usually ignored before). I actually prayed tomy God (which never truly happened before this). I learned more and more aboutwhy I believe what I believe. God has kept me on the narrow road ever since andgiven me a passion to live truthfully and wholeheartedly for Him. I amcurrently 16 and write a Christian blog at "sharpenothers.org."I learn more about what it means to follow God every day and hope to lead thenext generation into a time of awakened need for the almighty Lord of lords. Ifyou want to read my detailed testimony, please check out the post entitled:"A Vapor in God's Plan" on my blog. Thanks so much.


We hope your were inspired! Enjoy your Monday! Interested in learning more about us? Click here to learn "Why We Change" and click here to read "How We Change".

#OldSelfNewCreation
Eph. 4:22-24


Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story. You are so blessed to have found Christ at the age that you did! You were saved at such an important time in your life. And I love how the pictures that you posted scream, "It's not about me!! It's about, You, Lord!!" Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete